I took a break from blogging so regularly most of this week. It was more of a passive choice as the flow of my life just kept me elsewhere other than my laptop this week, but it still felt good to not feel so tied to constantly posting. It also led an enjoyable week.
1. I was diagnosed with bronchitis (which sucks), but I caught it early and was able to begin taking antibiotics before it got out of hand. Normally I wait until I am definitely about to keel over from sickness to see a doctor. This time I went much earlier and skipped that part. Remind me to do it more often next time.
2. Earlier in the week it was more than sixty degrees - crazy for November! I took advantage of the weather and went for an early morning walk with Emily before taking her to daycare. It was awesome, quiet, and serene.
3. Emily and I have started to have conversations with one another. Mostly it consists of her cooing and ahhing at me while I talk to her, but I love how she pauses to listen and then responds to what I am talking about.
4. I went to a Tastefully Simple Party hosted by one of my fellow firefighter's wives. It was nice to have an opportunity to get out of the house after work. Everyone adored meeting Emily and the food was amazing.
5. I discovered the amazingness of kiwi cheese balls. I know what you're thinking.... but seriously its amazing and you must try it if you ever get the chance.
6. For the first time in a while I did my hair this week. Instead of throwing it up in a pile on top of my head I let my curls fly and many people complimented it. It was definitely a much needed self esteem boost.
|Now I just need to work on wearing makeup...|
7. My boss gave me the okay to take off work next week so I can leave earlier than I planned to visit my family in Maryland with Emily! It will mean a whole two extra days down there, the longest stint in Maryland I've had since I was 18. Boy am I excited!