A bunch of good stuff from this past week.
1. We started using our pellet stove that we had put in over the summer. At first I was skeptical about it, but my heart is warmed, literally, by its glow and wonderful, bone-warming heat just like our wood stove in the cabin!
|Our dogs love the pellet stove, too!|
2. I had my 6 week postpartum checkup this week. I'm officially out of the grasps of pregnancy. Now I have a whole slew of weight to lose... more on that in another post.
3. My favorite outfit for Emily had her mistaken as a boy five different times. Yeah, I dress her like a boy sometimes, but I am okay with that.
|My little ham bone cheesing for the camera -- or, well, the silly faces I was making.|
4. I have finally beginning to distinguish what Emily's cries mean! For the life of me they all sounded the same until this past week. Perhaps she is just becoming more articulate.
5. My husband gave up and shaved his mustache. For a brief three weeks he grew a mustache in celebration of "Stachetober", which is an obscure firefighter tradition around here where they grow mustaches in the month of October. Weird, I know.
|I managed to catch a couple photos of him with the mustache, though! ;-)|
6. I went back to work (just a day and a half this week) and it wasn't horrible and I didn't cry leaving Emily at home, but lord was it awesome to see her face when I came back home.
7. The foliage is still hanging around, barely. Its making my camera and I happy.
|Out for a walk as the sun sets in the park near my home|
8. I bought Emily her Halloween costume! Well, its more of a couple pieces that go with the outfit she'll wear. Either way, its adorable and will later on double as photo props.
9. I ordered an iPhone 4S. It should be here sometime in November... until then I excitedly wait! Do you have one? If you do please tell me some good things about the phone!
10. And here is a rainbow I saw the other day...