Right now I am not in Vermont. I am in my home away from home, where my family tree is firmly rooted some 10 generations or more deep (I'm not over exaggerating either). I've packed everything up and driven myself to the land of wide open spaces, farms, and my parent's internet-less homestead. Hence, I am writing this post before I leave and posting it in the future.
But, here's the giveaway part...
because I never go away somewhere fun without doing a giveaway!
I cannot tell you how the eight hour (hopefully not longer) anticipated uncomfortable drive down by myself and my baby squished bladder was.
So, any guesses on how many times en route to Maryland I had to stop and pee?
Out of those who correctly guess how many times I had to stop and pee on my 500 mile drive down I will randomly select one winner to receive a souvenir from Caroline County Maryland. I'll try and pick out something interesting, promise! I will announce the winner when I return, Monday night or early Tuesday morning depending on how tired and road weary I am.
Until then I plan on doing the following...
- Swim and be a beached whale in my parent's in ground pool.
- Take photos
- Walk the fields with my dad like we always do
- See lots of old friends and family
- Attend a baby shower... Mine! (which isn't a surprise since I have to plan the trip down.)
- Spend a day "being cultured" in DC with my best friend from high school who forever insists I am too rural for her tastes.
- Enjoy. not. working. constantly.
Here's to a fabulous weekend. I can't wait to see what your guesses are on my pee breaks. I'll take photos of my stops for posterity... if I remember... pregnancy is really hindering my short term memory and concentration!