After an incredible weekend spent with my mother allowing the glow of pregnancy to radiate from my pores I realized a few things...
1. I absolutely am loving being pregnant and feel gorgeous now that I am out of that "is she pregnant or just fat?" stage.
2. Maternity pants are the most absolute comfortable thing ever created. Why do women not wear these all the time?!
3. I've never felt sexier in a one piece bathing suit and fully intend to submerge my very pregnant self in the water this summer.
4. I have the appetite of a hippopotamus.
5. There is not a Babies R Us store within a hundred miles of here. Toys R Us is not the same thing...
6. All weekend long I did not take one. single. photo. Ugh.
It was absolutely a fantastic mother-daughter time complete with lots of conversation, advice, food, walking, bonding, and shopping. The best part was scouring the little tiny outfits. The miniature shoes, and frilly little dresses. We oohed and ahhed and suppressed every maternal urge to buy an entire wardrobe of newborn clothing, but it made everything just so much more real (as the baby flutters in my belly...)
With school ending soon, graduation pending, and lots of free time on my horizon that I haven't known since the beginning of 2009 I am beyond excited to be able to fully enjoy my current physical state. Everything is going to culminate in to a state of euphoria and awesomeness in the next few weeks. We will determine the baby's gender, school will end, possibly a new job (one can hope my resumes/applications will be answered with interview requests!), and spring will finally officially arrive.
Yes, I know its already April 5th and several weeks into "spring", but you have to understand that its not really spring.
Not when this is what I see outside my window...
But, I am looking past all this white crap on my lawn towards everything awesome that is soon to come!